Best Infrared Thermometer for Pizza Oven: How to Select Temperature Guns
The best-infrared thermometer guns come with different features and designs. Depending on the type of food you intend to prepare, you can always get an ideal product. However, the choosing process can get tough for pizza makers. They have to consider the temperatures that can be measured by the products and how that can affect the overall taste of their cooking.
Thankfully, I have created this list to make the work easier for you. My name is Edward, and I have spent my whole life cooking and eating pizza. Ask me about any pizza, and I will tell you everything you need to know about it. There is an oven I have used since I was 21, and I can say that its functionality has been more than fascinating. It is the reason behind this guide, and I intend to let you know what to look for when shopping for the best-infrared thermometers to augment your pizza preparing skills.
Most of the products on this list stand out from the crowd because they have unique features. Their features are also straightforward, which means you will not waste time learning how to use them. Be it heat control or timing, you have it all sorted. Read on to discover why I included these products on this list and share with me your thoughts in the comment section below.
Why Infrared Thermometers are Important for a Pizza Oven
Pizza ovens need to be heated to a certain temperature in order for them to cook pizza properly. If the oven is not at the right temperature, the pizza can be undercooked or burned. To ensure that your oven is at the right temperature, it is important to use an infrared thermometer. An infrared thermometer can measure the temperature of the oven quickly and accurately, allowing you to adjust your temperature as needed.
The Best Temperature Gun For Pizza Oven is the Pizzaz Temperature Gun
Pizzaz Temperature Gun
This gun seems to have been made specifically for pizza and food. It is easy to use and accurate. Just pull trigger once to activate and then point on the intended target to read.
When finished set the gun down and it powers off automatically. This gun will read anything with a thermal signature: Machinery, Humans, Animals, Concrete patio, Refrigerators. Anything.
I had bought other temp reading devices for CoVid related readings and ALL were inaccurate. This one by Pizzaz is outstanding and would be great to point and shoot a reading on your Pizza Oven. You must have an accurate thermometer your oven could end up being too hot or cold. You should buy this one because you want to buy a great tool the first time so you don’t have to hassle with it again.
- 🍕 Perfect for measuring various foods like pizza, bbq, boiling water, wine, and any others.
- 🥇 Highly accurate 12:1 distance spot ratio means you won't have any guess work about temperature ensuring perfectly cooked foods every time.
- 📏 Ideal measuring distance of 1-2 feet so you don't burn your hands trying to get a good read. Even if the surface is 1000°F, you can still get a safe...
TOP List of Best Temperature Gun For Pizza Oven
1. Etekcity 1022D Pizza Oven Temperature Gun
This product is created for pizza lovers who are looking for the utmost accuracy while doing what they love most. It comes with an adjustable emissivity. The distance to spot ratio is 12:1. With adjustable emissivity, you can improve the accuracy of the measurement across a wide range of surfaces. All you have to do is adjust the emissivity of the thermometer according to the instructions issued by the manufacturer (0.1-1.0).
The product also comes with a dual laser and target quicker. This technology provides you with an easy time visualizing the area that is measured by the IR thermometer, thereby leading to improved accuracy and a single laser. It provides you with a measured temperature that ranges from -50 degrees C to 550 degrees C.
This thermometer is multifunctional, and it ensures that you get a flawless user experience. It provides you with an optimum measure function. It comes with a backlit LCD screen and also has an auto-function. You can check the indicator to know when you are running out of power.
It comes in a versatile design that makes it an ideal thermometer for the best cooking results. Due to its infrared technology, you can easily measure the surface temperature of any object. It helps you detect the temperatures above the boiling points and below the freezing points. It also helps you perform perfect automatic maintenance while cooking.
- NOT FOR HUMAN: Temperature readings from this device are inanimate objects, the measured temperature for humans or animals will not be correct. Class 2...
- BETTER ACCURACY PLUS ADJUSTABLE EMISSIVITY: The distance to spot ratio is 12: 1; Adjustable emissivity improves measurement accuracy across different...
- DUAL LASER PLUS TARGET QUICKER: Dual-laser targeting technology makes it easier to visualize the area being measured by an IR thermometer, resulting in...
- It can measure temperatures in a wide range.
- The backlit LCD screen offers an excellent user experience.
- It offers adjustable emissivity.
- It is not compact.
2. Fluke 62 MAX IR Thermometer- Best Infrared Thermometer for Cooking
Many chefs use this highly innovative pizza oven temperature gun to measure non-contact surface temperature. It helps you keep tabs on what is going on in the oven so that you don’t mess up the overall taste. The product can measure temperatures ranging from 30 to 500 degrees Celcius. The fact that it has an accuracy of + or -1.5 degrees sets it apart from other thermometers. This accuracy level is maintained for the entire reading from 30 to 500 degrees C.
It provides you with a 10:1 infrared distance to let you spot the ratio with the laser sighting for easy pinpointing of the measurement area. This product also enhances the user experience by displaying the maximum temperature, minimum temperature, and the difference between the two temperatures plus the average temperature to ensure that everything is in the right condition. This is a product you can trust as it comes certified by IP54 for the protection of splashing liquid and dust. This implies that you need to consider using this product if you want to stay safe while preparing your favorite pizza.
If you are looking for something compact and lightweight, then this is your all-time solution. It is also IP54 rated for the best dust and water resistance. Despite being highly durable, you can easily clip it to your tool belt for enhanced convenience. It can also fit well on your belt loop.
- Note: This product is for industrial use only. It is not for human use
- Infrared thermometer for non-contact surface temperature measurement for use in monitoring electrical, mechanical, HVAC, and automotive systems
- Measures temperature from 30 to 500 degrees C (-22 to 932 degrees F) with an accuracy of or 1.5 degree C or or 1.5 percent of the reading from 0 to 500...
- It does not take long to take measurements.
- Being lightweight, it is easy to carry around.
- It has a compact design.
- One of the most accurate temperature guns you can buy.
- It comes with fragile parts.
- Higher quality means higher price.
3. Etekcity Lasergrip 774 Laser Temperature Gun
Accuracy is all you need when using this highly innovative pizza oven thermometer. With this product, you get a distance to spot ratio of 12:1, which implies that you can get to measure targets located at greater distances compared to many other thermometers on the market. It provides you with fantastic accuracy; the distance between the target and the thermometer should be around 14.17 inches, which translates to approximately 36cm.
It lets you target faster and measure the temperature of the surfaces. It can measure surface temperatures that range from -58 degrees F to 716 Degree F/ -50 Degree C to 380 degrees C. You are free to choose the unit between F/C. It works very fast compared to other thermometers as it gives you a response time of less than 500 Ms. The thermometer comes with a built-in laser that provides you with the accuracy required so that you get the exact temperature of the surface you are measuring.
It also has extra functions such as the backlit LCD screen. It also comes with an auto-off function to help extend your battery life so that you don’t run out of juice. In case the battery is low, the indicator will notify you. With its infrared technology and design, this thermometer lets you measure the temperatures of any surface, including the temperatures below and above the boiling points. You can handle many tasks with it, including home repairs and other maintenance tasks.
- NOT FOR HUMAN: Temperature readings from these devices are inanimate objects. The measured temperature for humans or animals will be inaccurate
- BETTER ACCURACY: 12:1 D:S, meaning it can accurately measure targets at greater distances compared to most others; For best accuracy, the distance between...
- TARGET QUICKER: Measure surface temperature ranging from -58℉ to 716℉(-50℃ to 380℃), with 2 units ℉/℃ to choose; Response time: ≤500Ms; A...
- It is affordable but still matches the functionality of expensive thermometers.
- It comes with an auto-off feature that can save your battery.
- The manufacturer includes the 9V battery in the purchase.
- It only measures surfaced temperatures.
4. Klein Tools IR5 Dual Laser – Infrared Thermometer
You can get the best multiple temperature measurements with this highly innovative pizza oven thermometer. It fast and accurately measures surface temperatures, dew point temperatures, and ambient temperatures. It comes with a built-in laser for accurate aiming so that you get precise temperatures of surfaces. The product provides a distance spot ratio of 12:1 to let you accurately measure temperatures of surfaces between -50 degree to C-800 degree C/ -58 degree F to 1472 degree F. It provides you with a mind-blowing accuracy of +1.5% of reading +2 degree C/+4 degree F, which means it is more accurate than many other thermometers.
This infrared thermometer comes with a UV light then you can easily turn it on and off independently. Other than the UV light, the product comes with a low-battery indicator, backlight, data retention, auto power on and off to let you enhance the battery life, a flashlight, and a temperature bridge alarm.
This thermometer provides you with what can be described as multiple function measurement as it lets you take the temperature measurement of any surface that you are working on. It ensures that you get everything right when trying to come up with the best pizza for you and your loved ones.
The laser temperature gun comes in a compact design that makes it easy to use and carry around. You can stick it on your belt while working, or you can dip it inside your pocket.
- Optical Resolution (Distance-to-spot) is 12:1
- Features include dual-laser targeting; auto-scan; max/min/avg/diff; high/low alarm; backlit display; auto power-off
- Drop protection to 6.6-feet (2 m)
- Ten hours of continuous use.
- It has many measuring functions.
- The readings are produced immediately.
- Drop protection up to 2 meters (~6ft)
- On the higher end of the price spectrum.
- Not made specifically for food/pizza.
5. SURPEER 1R5D- Best Infrared Thermometer for Wood Oven
This product is created for pizza makers trying to get absolute precision while doing what they love most. It comes with an adjustable emissivity. The distance to spot ratio is 12:1. With adjustable emissivity, you can improve the accuracy of the measurement across a wide range of surfaces. All you have to do is to adjust the emissivity of the thermometer according to the instructions issued by the manufacturer (0.1-1.0).
The product also comes with a dual laser and target quicker. This technology provides you with an easy time visualizing area that is measured by the IR thermometer, thereby leading to improved accuracy and a single laser. It provides you with a measured temperature that ranges from -58 degrees F to 1022 degrees F/ -50 degrees C to 550 degrees C.
This thermometer is multifunctional, and it ensures that you get a flawless user experience. It provides you with an optimum measure function. The product also comes with a back-light LCD screen and an auto-function feature. It is designed with an indicator that lets you know when you are running out of power. You should note that a battery is included in your purchase.
The thermometer comes in a versatile design that makes it ideal for the best cooking results. Due to its infrared technology, you can easily measure the surface temperature of any object. It helps you detect the temperatures above the boiling points and below the freezing points. It also allows you to perform perfect automatic maintenance while cooking.
- ►►【HIGH ACCURACY】 Combining the latest temperature sensor technology and advanced Fresnel lens, this instrument reads values of high accuracy up to...
- ►【PRECISE POSITIONING】Built-in red laser for precisely aiming, accurately find the measurement target; Color large screen display, clear reading. The...
- ►【MORE APPLICABLE FUNCTIONS】This infrared thermometer accurately test the temperature during -58℉～1022℉(-50℃～550℃); Toggle between...
- You can easily switch between Celcius and Fahrenheit.
- The UV light can be turned on and off independently.
- It collects data on multiple aspects, including humidity, dew points, and mold growth.
- It does not have complicated features.
- It does not have an on/off switch.
6. Etekcity Dual Laser Temperature Gun
Sometimes, measuring up to 716 degrees F is not enough. This Etekcity device allows you to determine the temperature from -58 to 1022 degrees F. It has a larger temperature range than most other products. You need to keep the 14.17 inches distance between the device and object for the best results. The gun has a 12:1 distance to spot ratio, which is perfect for cooking pizza.
The presence of a dual laser is an ideal feature because it’s easier to visualize the measured area. As a result, you get more accurate temperatures. Besides this, you can also adjust the emissivity level, so that you may work with diverse surfaces. For example, with wood and marble or liquids such as water and oil.
This thermometer requires one 9V battery, and the first one is included in the kit. If you need a replacement, it is not challenging to find a suitable battery on the market. Also, the device’s construction contributes to changing the battery effortlessly.
- NOT FOR HUMAN: Temperature readings from this device are inanimate objects. The measured temperature for humans or animals will not be correct, 9V battery...
- BETTER ACCURACY : 12:1 distance to spot ratio allows you to measure temperatures ranging from -58°f to 1022 °F (-50°c to 550 °C) from a safe...
- ADJUSTABLE EMISSIVITY AND MULTIFUNCTION: Adjust emissivity from 0.1-1.0 to improve the accuracy of your measurements across different types of surfaces....
- It has a dual laser.
- You can adjust the emissivity level.
- It has a large temperature range.
- The device consumes a lot of energy.
7. Etekcity Non-Contact Digital Thermometer
This Etekcity device also has a wide temperature range from -58 to 1022 degrees F. You can store the device in diverse conditions. Its maximum storage temperature is 122 degrees F. With the Etekcity design, you get a 12:1 distance to spot ratio and response in 0.5 seconds. Moreover, you can choose between Fahrenheit and Celcius.
Among the additional features, there is a built-in laser. It allows measuring the exact object you want with less inaccuracy. The battery is included in the kit. To save more energy, the LCD screen has an auto-off function and a low-battery indicator. Besides, the thermometer is equipped with a trigger to lock the temperature results.
- Wide Temperature Range: Measure an upgraded temperature range from -58°–1130°F / -50°–610°C and get your result in 500 ms; The display will also...
- Professional EMS Mode: The Lasergrip 1080 Infrared Thermometer has an emissivity range of 0.1–1.0 for precise readings across different surfaces and...
- Non-Contact: 12:1 D:S, the Lasergrip can accurately measure targets from a distance, making it safer to measure dangerous objects; For the best accuracy,...
- It responds in 0.5 seconds.
- You can choose between two units.
- It has a trigger.
- It features an auto-off function.
- The laser is not very powerful.
8. Kizen Digital Infrared Thermometer Gun
The Kizen thermometer will serve you for a long time thanks to the durable construction and material. It also has a convenient design and can be used in various measurements. Its temperature range is from -58 degrees F to 1112 degrees F. You may use it at long distances – the device’s distance to spot ratio is 12:1. And you will get quick results just after 0.5 seconds.
It is supplied with a laser, like most standard models. However, it also allows you to adjust the emissivity. That means you can apply the thermometer in diverse fields, not only in the kitchen. You may also choose between the Fahrenheit or Celsius units. Thanks to the auto-off feature, the thermometer saves a lot of battery energy and works for a longer time.
- ACCURATE - Our laser thermometer gun has an emissivity range of 0.1 to 1.0 for precise readings across different surfaces and conditions. For best results,...
- VERSATILE - Use this handy laser temperature gun at home and in industrial settings. Check the heat of your oven or griddle, complete HVAC projects,...
- EASY TO USE - Simply scan the surface of your object, hold down the trigger of the IR thermometer gun, and release to get live temperature readings...
- It has a large temperature scale.
- Its design is strong and convenient.
- You can adjust the emissivity.
- It’s quite expensive.
9. Helect Infrared Digital Laser with LCD Display
You can take the measurements both indoors and outdoors due to the anti-slip design of this device. Besides, it is also compact and weighs a little. The tool is perfect for cooking temperature determinations, but it also can be used for refrigeration and industrial works with steel, plastics, etc. Its temperature range is from -58 degrees F to 1022 degrees F. You can choose either the Fahrenheit or Celsius units.
This thermometer requires a 9V battery. One battery is already included in the kit and can be replaced easily after some time of use. The Helect’s device works at long distances with its 12:1 distance to spot ratio. It has a laser and an auto-off backlit LCD display. You will also see when there is time to change the battery, and you can switch the °C/°F units.
- NOTE: NOT for human. Helect infrared thermometer can be used both daily and industrial temperature measurement, such as cooking, refrigeration, steel,...
- °C/°F switchable, automatic data hold, backlit LCD, low battery indicator, auto power off function. 9V Battery is included
- Easily and quickly measure temperatures from a safe and hazard-free distance. NOTE: The diameter of the object under test must be bigger than the laser...
- It is compact and has an anti-slip design.
- The device is perfect for cooking and other conditions.
- It works at large distances.
- It doesn’t have an emissivity adjustment.
10. Sovarcate No Touch Digital Temperature Gun
A Sovarcate thermometer is designed to show the temperature with the highest accuracy of ±2. And it works really fast – you will get a response in just 0.5 seconds. The adjustable emissivity is the reason why this device works perfectly. You can measure the temperature of diverse surfaces, objects, and liquids. The temperature range is from -58 to 572 degrees F.
This digital gun has a stainless-steel probe and a solid design. So, it is likely to serve you for a long time with proper usage. The device also features a large LCD display. It will turn off in fifteen minutes of non-usage, which saves the battery energy. By the way, the battery is included. Among other features are dual laser technology and the selection of Fahrenheit and Celsius units.
- ►【HIGH ACCURACY】Combining the latest temperature sensor technology and advanced Fresnel lens, this instrument reads values of high accuracy up to...
- ►【VERSTILE DESIGN】Infrared thermometer can be used both daily and industrial temperature measurement, such as cooking, refrigeration, steel, glass,...
- ►【HIGHER USER EXPERIENCE】Built-in red laser for precisely aiming, accurately find the measurement target; Color large screen display, clear reading.
- The thermometer works quickly (0.5 seconds).
- Highly efficient.
- It is supplied with a dual laser.
- The device measures diverse surfaces.
- It features a small temperature range.
Pizzaz Temperature Gun
Etekcity 1022D Pizza Oven Temperature Gun
Etekcity Lasergrip 774 Laser Temperature Gun
ZOTO Infrared Thermometer for Pizza Oven
-58℉~1022℉ (-50℃ ~ 550℃)
-58℉~1022℉ (-50℃ ~ 550℃)
-58°F (-50°C) to 716°F (380°C)
±1.5°C or ±1.5% of reading, whichever is greater -10°c to 0°C: ±2.0 -30°C to -10°C: ±3.0
±2% or ±2°C of reading
Response time (95%)
<500 ms (95% of reading)
0.1 ℃ or 0.1°F
±1℃ or ±2℉
1x 9V DC Battery
1x 9V DC Battery
1x DC 9V Battery
1x 9V DC Battery
Guide to Find the Best Infrared Thermometer for Pizza Oven
If you are getting started in the journey of making pizzas, you might have to know how to pick the best-infrared thermometer gun. Here are some of the things you need to have in mind.
Accuracy is everything for every pizza lover. You need to get your measurements well so that you don’t mess up the taste of the overall product. When you go out there looking for the right infrared thermometer, make sure that they are accurate and that they only have a small room for error. In case you are not sure about this, you can have a small discussion with the dealer and ask them for the description of the product you intend to buy. When you make the purchase, you should immediately test its accuracy.
Consider Other Key Features
Different manufacturers have their own designs. They usually ensure that you get the best user experience from their products. Some of them will add in things like LCD backlight, low-battery indicators, and internal laser. You need to check out the unique features that each one of them has and make sure to pick what impresses you most. Also, the overall size adds to the design of the product. Try to find an infrared thermometer that is small enough so that you can handle it with ease.
Think about the Price
You don’t need to break the bank to purchase the best-infrared thermometer for cooking. Even if you are looking for the best application, you can always get that at an affordable price. Most of the time, you will learn that the price might determine the quality of the product, but this does not apply all the time. Just take your time and talk to the dealer about the features you are interested in, and they will get you a perfect one at an affordable price. If you look at the products aforementioned, you will notice that most of them are easily affordable and still display high functionality.
How Does an Infrared Thermometer Work?
Infrared thermometers for pizza ovens are used to take temperatures from a distance. The distance can range from many miles and just a few inches. It all depends on the features and functionalities of the product you are using. The infrared thermometers are usually employed at times or situations where ordinary thermometers cannot be used. For instance, if the area is too hot and you risk hurting yourself if you come close, you can use infrared thermometers to take temperature measurements. They use a laser beam to help you take measurements from a safe distance.
How to Use Infrared Thermometer?
These thermometers let you take temperatures of surfaces from a safe distance. Here are some tips to help you use them safely and accurately:
- Avoid looking directly into the beam since the laser might cause permanent blindness
- Before measuring temperatures of the pizza, make sure that you stir well
- In case of sudden ambient temperature changes, the beam might not take accurate temperature measurements. To get more accurate results, place the thermometer 20 minutes before taking the final reading.
- Make sure to remove all covers like plastic film, glass doors before you start taking the temperatures of surfaces
- Make sure you clean the thermometer on a regular basis, especially around the lens, so that you keep getting accurate measurements.
How to Calibrate the Infrared Thermometer?
It is possible to calibrate laser temperature guns for improved accuracy. Lab technicians normally use industrial black to calibrate infrared thermometers by using certification that is traceable to the required national standards. It is also possible to calibrate infrared thermometers using an ice bath and described below:
- Fill up a glass to the top with ice
- Slowly add very cold water until it gets to about one-half inch just below the top of the ice
- You need to stir the mixture gently before letting it settle for a minute or two
- Create an area that is one-inch wider of open water right in the center of the ice bath
- At this time, have your thermometer set to the emissivity of either 0.95 or 0.97
- Hold the infrared thermometer in a way that the opening and the lens are perpendicular to the ice bath surface
- Be careful to ensure that the field of view is perfectly positioned inside the sides of the container or the glass. Now press the button inside the thermometer and take a measurement.
|Selected the Best||10|
|Our Choice||Pizzaz Food Thermometer|
|Best Price||$29.97 (price without sale)|
If you are looking for the best pizza-making experience, then you need to try the products mentioned above. They are the most accurate and affordable on the market. They have improved features to ensure that you get high levels of functionality, but you need to ensure that your product comes from a reputable supplier to avoid spending money on fake items. Make sure that you ask as many questions as you possibly can if you are not sure about anything. Have you used any of the products mentioned in this list? Kindly share with us your experience in the comments below.