Ciao a tutti. Edward here. In this post, I will share some of the best pizza screen reviews with you guys. As you probably already know, I’m a huge pizza fan, so you can actually call me Edoardo 🙂 Today, I’ll be discussing in detail each perforated pizza pan that I’ve chosen to test-drive, elaborating on their pros, cons, proper uses, and an array of handy cleaning tips.
Wondering what a perforated pizza pan is? It’s easy. A perforated pizza pan is the same as a pizza pan with holes — pretty self-explanatory, right? Pizza pans with holes (or gaps), in their turn, are also known as ‘pizza screens’, ‘mesh pizza pans’, and even ‘perforated pizza disks’. Yep, the tool has multiple names for a reason — it really is great for making delish thin-crust pizzas!
While the gaps in these pizza screens do not look like anything to write home about, they allow a proper flow of heat and air to access the entire dough as it bakes, which creates a perfectly even (and crisp) crust. If you love a crispy crust just like I do, a solid pizza pan with holes is essential. In this post, you will learn more about pizza screens and get the chance to opt for the best one for your needs.
If you’re as fond of making pizza as I am and would like to please your loved ones with the tastiest crispy crust, you definitely need one of the pizza pans with holes in them from this post. I have tested and reviewed 5 top-notch models, making it super easy and comfy for you to pick the one that’s just right for you. Ready to browse through the best pizza pans for crispy crust pizzaiolos swear by? Read on…
Aluminum Pizza Screen Reviews: Round, Square, & Rectangular Models
1. Winco APZS-16 Winware 16-Inch Aluminum Pizza Screen: Cooks Evenly & Creates Golden Crust
If you’re on the fence about whether or not to buy this great product, allow me to provide some convincing reasons why you should. This excellent-quality pizza pan with gaps pairs very well with a pizza stone for your home-kitchen pizza experiences. The pan allows you to make truly professional pizzas with crispy crusts at home. I’ve tried it myself and can attest to its greatness. Not only that, but it’s also very easy to clean – an important factor to consider when purchasing any kitchen tool or appliance. So if you’re looking for a reliable, high-quality pizza pan, this is definitely the one you want. Just don’t forget to measure your oven to make sure this particular pizza screen fits in terms of the size.
The crust, perfectly crispy and golden, slides off the Winco screen smoothly and easily — all ready to be cut and served. Just make sure to season the pan before first use, otherwise, your pizza may stick. Brush both sides with oil and place in a 500F-degree oven for about ten minutes (oh yes, I like a thin and crispy crust!).
After that, I like to pull the screen out of the oven and help slide the pizza directly onto the stone using a large spatula. Then I let my creation rest for several minutes (when I’m strong enough to wait that long, of course, haha!) and start slicing the masterpiece. That way, I make the crust even crispier (my God, so yummy!). Just make sure to remove the pan before slicing the pizza to keep it in its best shape. Buon appetito!
It’s also worth mentioning that the Winco aluminum pizza screen prevents frozen pizzas from getting soggy and dripping cheese all over your oven. As a result, you get tasty restaurant-style pizzas and a super clean oven. So if making a good old-fashioned pizza is your ultimate goal, the Winco aluminum pizza screen is your best choice.
No more soft pizza bottoms — yay! If you use this pizza pan on a regular basis, you will make your whole family drool in anticipation of your next homemade pizza night. The only minor downside is cleaning, if any cheese drops on the screen. But in my case, this solid pizza screen doesn’t seem to stain at all. Long story short — best bang for your buck!
Here’s what you’ll also love about the Winco aluminum pizza screen:
- it strikes the right balance between a chewy and a crispy crust;
- awesome for baking the yummiest pizza — and heating other stuff up;
- a must-buy tray for foolproof thin-crust pie;
- best pizza screen for homemade pizza lovers;
- no expensive pizza stone needed.
- Constructed from rust proof and non-corrosive aluminum.
- Designed to promote excellent heat circulation, this pizza screen is great for making pizzas with a crispy crust.
- Durable, functional and economical, this seamless pizza screen is a great addition to food service establishments.
- Crispier crust than pizza stones or solid-metal pizza trays;
- Family-friendly size;
- A must-have for defrosting ready-made pizzas;
- Very durable;
- Superb product, great value.
- Not the easiest to wash, but still worth every penny.
2. Value Series Pizza Screen Combo Deal Set: Awesome Gift Idea
Anyone who is serious about making tasty pizza at home will surely appreciate this awesome aluminum pizza screen set. I purchased it as a gift for a good friend of mine some time ago, and she still enjoys using it. The set features solid aluminum mesh-construction pizza pans of four different sizes: 10, 12, 14, and 16 inches in diameter.
Aside from giving you the flawless crispy crust, this assortment of lightweight top-notch mesh pizza disks will also help you cut down the overall calorie content as opposed to other pizza-making tools. Just remember that if you’re planning to use this collection of perforated pizza screens to make a low-calorie thin-crust pizza, you better top the pie with healthy yummies only. In other words, go easy on the bacon bits, cheese, and mayonnaise-based ingredients.
Looking for some handy pizza screen cleaning tips? I’ve got you covered. Keep in mind that you should season newly-bought mesh pizza trays before using. That way, you will prevent the crust from sticking to the baking surface. Make sure you wash your pizza screens thoroughly after every use. Let them soak in the sink filled with water and only then scrub them with a baking soda-sprinkled sponge.
Here’s what you’ll also love about the Value Series set:
- it’s a great addition to your bake-your-home-pizza inventory;
- outstanding selection of sizes to suit your most diverse needs;
- perfect for both baking pizza from scratch and defrosting the pie you’ve bought in a local store;
- the aluminum frame of these mesh pizza pans is sturdy and long-lasting;
- you don’t have to grease the screens non-stop to get perfectly crispy pizza;
- speedier baking time compared to the alternative pizza-making equipment;
- due to the even heat transfer, your pizza center won’t be doughy, and the rims won’t burn either;
- awesome birthday gift idea for a homemade pizza lover.
- Evenly baked crispy crust;
- Great mesh pizza screen set for making pizza, baking cookies, etc;
- Solid aluminum mesh construction;
- Great pizza screen set for the price;
- Lightweight and easy to clean.
- These mesh pizza pans won’t suit you only if you skip reading the instructions on seasoning.
3. American Metalcraft 18744 Rectangular Pizza Screen: No More Soggy Crust!
Treat your family or customers to crisp, gold-colored pizza crusts with this awesome 16″ x 24″ high-strength aluminum rectangular pizza pan with holes! If you use this baby instead of a traditional no-holes pizza pan, it will boost air movement while pizzas are in the oven, providing you with a lot more even (and perfectly crispy!) crust finish.
Made of heavy-duty aluminum, this perforated pizza pan is exceptionally durable and corrosion-proof. This tool is great to use both in your home and commercial kitchen. I’ve tested this meshed pizza pan at home, but I know for sure that if you’re seeking a great pizza pan for a crispier crust, this honey will definitely make clients at your Italian restaurant or pizza shop drool over just by thinking about your pizza!
The construction of this pizza tray is seamless, with no rough edges at all. Therefore, it’s very easy to clean. Because aluminum transfers heat very well (and the holes in the mesh enable airflow to reach the crust), this pizza screen is excellent for making pizzas in convection and conveyor ovens. Overall, this meshed pizza pan is awesome. Just make sure it suits your needs perfectly in terms of the shape-and-size parameter prior to purchasing the thing.
Furthermore, if you use a traditional solid pizza tray, the moisture will have nowhere to go. While the American Metalcraft rectangular pizza screen, on the contrary, prevents condensation from building up inside the construction due to its mesh design. In the long run, you get crusts that are ideally brown and crisp. This perforated pizza disk is a must-have gem for your pizzeria, restaurant, or buffet!
Here’s what you’ll also love about the American Metalcraft rectangular pizza screen:
- it enables better air circulation and i.e. gives you a more evenly baked and perfectly crispy crust;
- solid and sturdy construction;
- this pizza screen resists scratching, corrosion, rust, and dents;
- seamless low-maintenance design which makes this perforated pizza pan easy to wash and store;
- the rectangular shape is great for baking breadsticks and warming buns.
- Pizza screen that is designed for pizza cooking
- Heavy-duty aluminum construction
- Unique, rectangular shape
- Great tool for making rectangular pizzas in your home or commercial kitchen;
- Best homemade crust;
- Not just for pizza, you can use it to cook a variety of things;
- Pizza bakes faster;
- Easy to wash and store.
- This pizza screen may not fit your oven, but only if you don’t make the necessary measurements prior to purchasing the item.
4. DingSheng 6’’- 20’’: Best Pizza Screen Set for Commercial & Restaurant Use
If you’re in search of the best pizza pan with holes for your commercial kitchen, this set of tools is exactly what you need. The set features pizza screens of various diameters: 6,7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 14,15, 16, 17, 18, and 20 inches. This fantastic variety of sizes will save lots of your time and boost your creativity tenfold. These pizza screens are cost-efficient and very easy to wash due to their seamless design.
There are multiple perks of this set of perforated pizza screens. First, they allow air to circulate freely around your pizza dough. As a result, your pizza cooks faster than usual and has that out-of-this-worldly crispy golden-colored crust. Remember to transfer your screen(s) onto a serving tray once cooking is over. That way, no cheese or other ingredients will fall through the pizza disk gaps onto your clean table.
A friend of mine (who enjoys making pizza at home) has owned a pizzeria for 3 years. He says the DingSheng 6’’- 20’’ pizza screen set is a game-changer (and a life-saver, too!). Here’s why:
- these meshed pans will save you heaps of time by allowing you to make multiple pizzas at a time;
- with these pizza screens, keeping your oven cleaner if you’re working with cornmeal or semolina flour and a peel is a lot easier;
- steady sizing that aids you in keeping your pizza dough at the ideal diameter;
- furthermore, these babies assist you in saving some cash on the baking paper;
- last but not least, these pizza pans with holes are also really good for making meat Stromboli and Calzones: you can make several using one screen and, thus, save lots of oven space. If you get an order of, say, 3 Stromboli, baking them on one 16″ DingSheng screen would be the best option.
No products found.
- Impressive variety of sizes;
- Ideal for commercial kitchen use;
- Golden, evenly baked crust;
- Pizza bakes faster;
- Can be used to make Stromboli, Calzones, as well as artisan breads and rolls.
- May not be the best option for your home kitchen, but that depends on your needs really.
5. Hubert Rectangular Pizza Screen: the Perfect Investment in Your Pizza Future
Planning to serve the best thin-crust pizza in town? You definitely need this type of inventory for your commercial kitchen. As a matter of fact, whether you’re looking for the best-quality perforated pizza screens for your home or restaurant, this rectangular pizza pan with holes is a fantastic choice. This 24″L x 16″W pizza screen allows for a crisp, evenly baked crust. My God, this pan is specifically made for creating pizzas that will tickle your loved ones’ tastes buds for sure!
The Hubert brand manufactures a wide array of the go-to kitchen supplies designed specifically for the rough-and-tough commercial use. The perforated design accelerates cooking time and prevents the crust from getting soft and sticky once the baking process is over. So are you ready to say buh-bye to the soggy crust? Then it’s time to order the Hubert rectangular pizza pan with holes and get ready for the crispy golden perfection!
Here’s what you’ll also love about the Hubert aluminum pizza screen:
- it’s lightweight and easy to carry;
- rust- and scratch-proof;
- great for both home and restaurant use: will greatly contribute to your varied assortment of pizza crusts;
- seamless-rim design that provides easier ventilation and staves off the rough edges;
- this perforated pizza disk is a great choice is you value the aesthetic appeal of your pizzas;
- exceptionally durable, easy to clean and store.
- Perforations allow for a crisp, evenly cooked crust
- Made from aluminum for durability
- Seamless rim ensures quick and easy cleaning
- Great tool if you like a crispy crust;
- Excellent option for both home and commercial kitchen;
- This pizza screen is super easy to clean and store;
- It saves you lots of time;
- Great for making other stuff aside from pizza.
- If you like a soft crust with a doughy center, you may want to opt for a solid no-holes pizza pan. Not really a downside, just a matter of your preferences.
Additional Product: American Metalcraft 18040 Pizza Screen Rack — Your Cadillac of Pizza Racks
Stay exceptionally organized with this 4-slot pre-assembled pizza screen rack that holds up to 96 6″ to 28″-sized pizza pans. Chrome-plated and made from 3/16 inch-thick steel rods, this item is sturdy, bend-resistant, and definitely made for years of extensive commercial kitchen use.
By the way, a friend of mine has been using these racks in his restaurant kitchen for almost 2 years now with no problems at all. Yep, I did go the extra mile to do my homework and contacted lots of my fellow-pizza lovers when getting today’s reviews ready for you. I really hope that helps you choose the best inventory for your home or business needs.
By making the most of this screen drying rack, you will keep your pizza trays at hand all ready for the new orders. Alternatively, you can utilize the American Metalcraft pizza screen rack for drying purposes. So if you still stack your trays on top of the oven, it’s time to finally purchase this fine item and start storing your kitchen inventory like a pro. Excellent product for the price.
Here’s what you will also love about the American Metalcraft pizza screen separator rack:
- it looks good, works great, and is reasonably priced;
- it’s the ideal organizational accessory that doesn’t take a lot of space;
- it boasts an appealing steel finish and a solid quality of the metal;
- aids in making your kitchen look more presentable for your clients;
- well-built screen organizer that’s also super easy to wash;
- helps with accessibility greatly;
- pizza pan drying made easy.
- Compactly store and organize pizza screens
- Holds up to 96 screens from 6” to 28” in size
- Made of chrome-plated steel rods for years of everyday use
- Capable of storing up to 96 pizza pans at a time;
- Stainless steel design makes the rack corrosion- and bend-resistant;
- Capable of accommodating pizza trays from 6 to 28 inches in diameter;
- Sleek and clean-looking chromed steel rod construction;
- Keeps your pizza prep area neat and well-arranged.
- No cons noticed so far.
Cutting to the Chase: Ready to Buy The Right Pizza Pan for You?
There are a lot of different factors that go into making the perfect pizza. The dough, the sauce, the toppings – everyone has their own unique recipe that they swear by. But one thing that often gets overlooked is the baking surface. Not all pizza stones are created equal, and the same goes for pizza screens. Using the wrong surface can ruin even the best-tasting pizza, so it’s important to choose carefully.
I have years of pizza-creating experience under my belt. I’ve used a variety of surfaces for making pizza. And I can assure you that if you’re looking to make pizzas with perfectly crispy crusts, then a good set of pizza screens is a must-buy. They will save you time and fuel by speeding up the baking process as well as providing you with that fantastic crust you crave for.
Whether you will choose a round, rectangular, or square pizza screen, it really depends on your exact needs and preferences. Keep in mind that the pizza screen reviews I’ve shared above are absolutely independent and experience-based. Take a closer look at each item I’ve covered, and you will easily choose the best pizza pan with holes for you among them!
Needless to say that if you like softer pizzas, then you should opt for solid pizza pans with no gaps. So, how about you? Have you already tried perforated pizza pans? If you have, what are your thoughts on these wonderful disks? Do you use them separately or in combination with your stone? Feel free to share your opinion in the comment section below to start the discussion. Your opinion is of great value to us.