- 1 recipe Basic Pizza Dough (below), 1 1/2 tablespoons crushed red pepper mixed into flour OR 1 commercially prepared pizza crust
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 rib celery, trimmed and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/2 large green pepper, sliced lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 pound Andouille sausage, sliced 1/4- to 1/2-inch thick (any fully cooked, smoked sausage may be substituted)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable, canola, or olive oil
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1 cup crushed, canned Italian tomatoes, drained well
- 6 large shrimp, shelled, deveined, sliced lengthwise and brushed with oil
Prepare Basic Pizza Dough as directed below, adding crushed red pepper to flour.
While the dough is resting, lightly sauté onion, celery, and green pepper. Remove from heat. Microwave sausage in 1/2-inch of water, covered, for 4 to 6 minutes. Set aside.
After the dough is shaped, brush with 1 tablespoon oil. Sprinkle with one cup shredded mozzarella. Top with drained crushed tomatoes. Arrange green pepper mixture, shrimp, and drained sausage slices attractively. Top with the remaining 1 cup mozzarella.
Place loaded Pizzazz baking pan on Pizzazz® rotating pizza oven and bake using the LOWER setting for 5 minutes. Finish on the DUAL setting for 15 minutes.